I have a fascination with words.
A word can convey one meaning or a thousand. Words change, evolve, even die. Word have a kind of power.
As a reader, words transport me to faraway places, give life to characters, and supply action and adventure all while I sit in the comfort of my home.
As a writer, words convey my thoughts, opinions, and even my life. And I often struggle to find the word to convey what I want and often get hung up searching for the exact word.
I even have a Pinterest board dedicated to words (and another one on writing).
So I thought Mondays would be a good day to share my love of words with a (quasi)regular post.
To start off this new series, I chose 6 words related to words.
- logophile – a lover of words
- wordster – a person who uses words, especially skillfully
- epeolatry – the worship of words
- sesquipedalian – given to or characterized by the use of long words
- neologism – a newly coined word or expression
- linguaphile – a language and word lover
What are your favorite words? Share your favorites in the comments below.