This week, we’ve seen news of two rather high profile celebrity deaths from suicide. A recent CDC report found that suicides nationwide have increased by 30% since 1999. This news is concerning. But this post isn’t about that. This post is about you.
If you are in crisis, please know that YOU ARE NOT ALONE.
If you are thinking about suicide, if you are worried about a friend or loved one or would like emotional support, please call, text, or chat one of the resources below.
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-TALK (1-800-273-8255)
- Crisis Text Line Text 741741 from anywhere in the US to text with a trained Crisis Counselor.
- IMAlive (online chat)
- GLBT National Help Center 1-888-THE-GLNH (843-4564)
- Email: help@GLBThotline.org
- The Trevor Project (LGBTQ Youth) 1-866-4-U-TREVOR (488-7386)
If you or someone you know is currently in danger, please dial 911 immediately.
For international resources, please use the PostSecret Community’s International Suicide Prevention Wiki to find resources in your region/country.