So What is Mystery Blogger Award?
“This is an award for amazing bloggers with indigenous posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging and they do it with so much love and passion.” Okoto Enigma
- Put the award logo/image on your blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well.
- List the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself.
- Nominate 10 – 20 people.
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog.
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice, with one weird or funny question (specify).
- Share a link to your best post(s).
Many thanks to The Book Keeper Book Shop and her blog, The Library of Consternation, for nominating me. The Book Keeper is a secondhand bookshop in Strathalbyn, South Australia. And one of these days when I get to Australia, I’ll be visiting this and all the other lovely secondhand bookstores. 🙂
Three things about me:
1. I just can’t count audiobooks as reading. I appreciate the audio format allows books to be enjoyed more broadly. But it’s not reading, it’s listening. So it seems like cheating to me to use audiobooks in my monthly/yearly book tally.
2. I am addicted to Gin-Gins, these chewy ginger candies. They’re weirdly addicting. Chewy, gingery. I can’t really describe them. But seriously, I can’t get enough of them. Luckily I’ve found them on Amazon and at World Market.
3. I’d rather read than do just about anything. And I can read almost anywhere (trains, planes, airports, malls, outside, inside, walking down the street). I really wish I had a job where I got paid to read. Someone needs to invent this job and then hire me to do it. I’d be excellent at it.
Questions I had to answer:
1. “The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity.” (Dorothy Parker) TRUE or FALSE?
True and False. I find the saying to be true. If you are curious, you will never be bored. I can spend endless hours reading and researching. And curiosity is endless, like a rabbit hole, you can fall in and just keep going.
It’s false in that it is mistakenly attributed to Dorothy Parker, but most likely said by Ellen Parr. Read here for more info.
2. Where are my reading glasses?
Check on top of your head. That’s usually where I find my sunglasses when I’ve lost them.
3. Is it ok for me to have a kindle seeing as I also have a bookshop?
Why does owning a bookshop preclude owning a Kindle? Now I am not a huge fan of e-books and will always opt for the physical book first. But Kindles are convenient when you’re traveling say to South Australia, a trip that will take me over 24 hours to get there from here.
4. If you are reading something you are not enjoying, how long will you persevere?
That depends on the book and why I’m not enjoying it. I’ve read as little as 50 pages before tossing a book (but not literally tossing it because I try not to damage books) and I’ve plowed through (mostly by skimming) to see how a book resolved.
Blogs I nominate:
So I’m going to break the rules here and only nominate 7 blogs. I enjoy reading each of these blogs, so I hope you’ll take a few minutes and check each of them out.
- Mondays With Oliver
- Tiffy Reads and Reviews
- Books are the New Black
- It’s All About the Book
- The Critiquing Chemist
- The Research and Art of Marion Forester
Disclaimer: There is no compulsion to being a part of this chain. Even though I would love to read your answers and see who you nominate, I understand life gets busy at times.
P.S. Also please notify your nominees and provide a link to your post so that they’ll know what to do. Once you’re done with your post, come back here and comment with the link so I can check out your answers.
Questions for my nominees:
- Which country would you like to visit the most?
- If you could do any other job/career for a day, what would it be?
- What’s your favorite book genre?
- What inspired you to begin blogging?
- How many pieces of mail did you receive today?
My Best Posts:
Just going by the page views, here are my top 3 best posts:
- The Reasons Why (or Dating in My 40s)
- Introverts Unite! … Separately In Your Own Homes
- Book Pile – March 3 (2017)
Thanks again to The Book Keeper Book Shop for nominating me. As soon as I can get to Australia, I want to come visit your bookshop.
Have a favorite blog you’d like to nominate? Like another one of my posts better than the 3 I listed? Tell me in the comments below.